Monday, February 23, 2009

No Life Before Porter


This is a picture of our family taken in 1999. It sits in a frame on a shelf in Sheryl's front room. Yesterday Porter and I were in the front room and he was looking at the picture because he said Sam looked funny to him because he was young. So we start talking about the picture and he was telling me who everyone is ect. The baby in the picture is our neice Abby. But Porter thought it must be him. I told him no that was Abby and his face got all scrunched up and I thought he might cry. He said "this is our family and I dont get to be in the picture?" His Feelings were hurt so bad. I told him this picture was taken before he was born even before daddy and I were married, and he said no Papa Joe was holding him. He was crying now as I tried to convince him. All of us were laughing because it was funny, which I think made matters worse. Burk came in to see what was wrong and said (to console him) in the picture you were in Mommy's belly, and he started to calm down. But I had already told him the pic was before we were married and I didn't want him to be confused, or starting crazy rumors. So I said no you were in heaven still with heavenly father and he said Hysterically bawling now "So I still don't get to be in the picture of our family?" It was the weirdest and one of the funniest things ever. Sheryl had to literally go in the other room and get another picture with all three grand kids to put out there for him to stop crying. Even though as you can imagine, there are more pictures of Porter at Sheryl's house than anyone. Burk and I thought it would be funny to photoshop Porter into this picture. So if we ever get around to it I will post it so you can see it.

6 comments:

Dave and Christine said...

Don't hate me for not being up on the blog thing lately. BTW, I voted for your names. I like them the most and I promise I am not sucking up. I think Oliver is super cute!

Kalli, I am super proud of you too for blogging. Lately it has been really hard for me to so I am with you.

We all need to get together soon too before you have this little tyke.

Dave and Christine said...

WOW!!! Wendy had to point out to me that that is Burk. I am diggin the head of hair and the facial hair.

Tauna said...

Now that is one story. How funny- the poor boy is so confused. Man what kind of parents are you to take a picture without him!!! Seriously- How cute is that.
Yes! I will see you at Wal*Mart!! At least once a month we run into each other- so fun! except I'm always by myself and your with your little family. I remember those days when I only had one kid!

KALLI said...

So Porter went to Sheryl's 4 days later and went strait to the picture frame to look at it and then said to Sheryl "Boggy, you still didnt get that picture fixed".

Burk said...

I was only trying to help, geesh. Guess I won't try that again.

Anonymous said...

Axe??? WTH? Is he going to hang out with cousins Dax and Axel? JK :) Ooh, just got an idea: combine the two and do Daxel. Or Maxel. Hahaha.