Sunday, May 31, 2009

What Were We Waiting For???

After graduation Burk and I told Porter it was his day we could do whatever he wanted.
No hesitation, he wanted to go to Chuck E Cheese. He had been wanting to go for months but neither Burk or I wanted to subject ourselves to what we were sure was CEC Hell. It was a freaking BLAST!!!!! Burk had taken the afternoon off for graduation and we hadn't spent much family time together because Burk has been working his butt off, around a million hours a week. So it may just have been that it was some really needed time but we were super impressed. We ate before we went so we didn't have to buy pizza or anything, but we played and entertained all three of us for 4 hours on $15. They have a super cool bowling game that intrigued both my boys. And I was obsessed with the picture sketch machine, and ID maker. (you kn0w me and pictures). We won 560 tickets. When we went to turn them in I asked the kid how many tickets we needed for this huge baseball and he said it was 1500. He asked if that is what Porter was wanting I told him yes and he said "we have a ton of those, he can have it". Porter was ecstatic. It was the best day we have had in a long, long time. I am not sure if we will go back a lot now and risk tainting it, or if it will just have to go down as one of the greatest memories in the history of our lives. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I have been waiting for this post. All I can say is, I TOLD YOU SO!!! Now let's plan an afternoon to go back. Want to?

Burk said...

I want to go again Ashlee, we can go without Kalli while she is busy "giving birth".

I seriously had fun on that bowling game. I think I might buy one.