Friday, January 29, 2010

Are you sure he's 4?


Last night as we were driving Porter said "Mom, can you pull over so I can go pee?" (this may have been a trick) So of course I pulled into the nearest place with a restroom Artic Circle. While we were sitting there eating Porter noticed a little family sitting kind of close to us that had two young boys. One of them was wearing a BYU shirt. Porter said Go Cougars! The dad looked over at us and I said, sorry he is excited to see your sons BYU shirt and he said oh yeah, and smiled. When they walked past us to leave Porter said "have you been following Austin Collie?" He and the Dad proceeded to have a very grown up football conversation they talked about touchdowns and the Superbowl. The Mom was blown away. She looked at me all stunned and said how old is he? I told her four and she said "no, he is four" and pointed to her boy who was picking his nose. (Not really, but it would sound funny if he was) I didn't bother to tell her that was nothin' she should hear his knowledge of baseball or even bowling. I was pretty proud. I love this kid!!! Who ever thought being surrounded by boys and sports could be so great?

2 comments:

jamatukk said...

So dang funny and so PORTER! Love that kid. We need to get our boys together

Burk said...

That's my boy. Now if I can just get him to pronounce "Pujols" correctly we'd be set.