Sunday, February 28, 2010

Its Birthday Time!!!!!


I know most blog backgrounds (if they change) will be changed to St. Patty's tomorrow. But not at the Benton house!! Tomorrow starts Birthday Month. I never knew a family that loved their birthdays so much until I started hanging with these crazy's. However it didn't take me long to figure out why. They never get hung up on age, even though none of us are young any longer, the real dilemma comes from what to have for Birthday Dinner. The Sunday of our birthday we get to choose what is for dinner (we could choose to go out, but none of us ever do) and we are exempt from kitchen duty. (this is the only week that Burk is LEGITIMATELY excused from kitchen duty, strange, as we are all painfully aware that somehow he always gets out of it) Burk and Tata learned early on to "get together" and plan their meals so they could have two really good meals and have twice the choices because there were two birthdays one week apart. Originally they were excited when I joined the mix because that made a third week in a row meal. They quickly got frustrated and" kicked me out" of birthday meal negotiation club because I would always choose spaghetti a meal that we often have for Sunday dinner anyway. They said the point was to pick something that we have only on special occasions because it is hard to make, such as Chinese food, it literally takes Boggy an entire day to do. Further down the road when I understood the process better I started picking Hawaiian Chicken, it was not an easy one to serve but they did not "enjoy" it as much as I. And even later in the process I was pregnant twice and picked weird stuff. So here we are again in March leaving me only 21 days to decipher the toughest decision ever. (Not really, anyone who knows me knows I will pick eclair cake for dessert and my meal choice will be hash, or spaghetti) Although I may throw them for a loop this year and pick chicken enchiladas). At any rate it will be a GOOD month for food in the Benton family, stretching actually to Cody's birthday in the first week of April.

3 comments:

Burk said...

I'm picking tacos just to make Tata mad this year. It will be great.

TaTa said...

Burk sucks and may also be fired from birthday picking club. Also, for the record, I am not a jerk that tries to pick "hard" things for Boggy to make, just things that we don't have all the time (i.e. tacos and spaghetti).
BTW--if you pick enchiladas, there is a good chance I will let you back in the club.

The Hicks Family said...

hahahahahahaha.. tacos and spaghetti aren't common ones we have at our sunday dinners so they sound super yummy! :)