Sunday, February 14, 2010

Valentines Day


I have never been big on Valentines Day. I mean, I love chocolate and flowers as much as the next guy but it has just never been a big deal to me. Maybe its because all through the year Burk does nice things to show me he loves me like leaving me notes, gassing my car ect. or maybe one day long ago he did something so great I told him he was off the Valentines hook for life. Who knows but whatever the reason we have never really liked to stand outside freezing, waiting ten hours for food we can wait ten minutes for next weekend or pay $8.00 for a sappy card that says some cheesy crap we didn't even think of ourselves. This weekend we cleaned our garage and hung up blinds. That is what real love is, not getting divorced over blind hanging. (Those things were buggers) But I do want to publicly say that I appreciate being in a marriage with real life crap. Working hard, worrying about money, raising two snot nosed boys doing laundry and dishes for the men I love and at the end of the day there is truly no other way I would want to spend life. So, on this Valentines day and every day feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have these three Valentines. Love You Guys.

1 comment:

Burk said...

I'm very lucky to have such a great wife. I promise to make you a sandwich this weekend with the kids.