Monday, August 2, 2010

Swim Day

Around Porter's birthday in June he started asking to go swimming and go on the water slides at Cherry Hills. Since Burk's company was closed on Friday the 23rd in honor of Pioneer day we thought it would be the perfect day. I took off work and Rebb went to daycare. We went early and got there just as it opened at 10:30 we got all sunscreened up and started the journey in Cardiac Canyon. Porter loved it. we went down a few times and then decided to try out pirates cove. In Pirates cove they have a baby slide which Burk went down and tore he crap out out of his hand on some lava rock. From there we hit the Lazy River. This was by far my favorite. After a while in Lazy River we decided to try the dragon slides (the original slides) and then back to Lazy River. We grabbed a quick bite of lunch and then back again to Lazy River. Every thing we went on Porter said was his favorite. He loved it all. I loved it too and would recommend a day like this to any family. (We got $10 off coupons at Wendy's) Although I have to admit I am not sure it was Cherry Hills I loved as much as spending a day with two of my boys. It was really nice to give Porter a day without Rebb, that was all about Porter. Aside from Burk and I both being crispie, (this is literally my first time ever in life to peel) and Burk being injured in the kiddie pool it was one of my best days. I will remember it forever. I hope the boys will too.

No comments: