Monday, June 8, 2009

This Day In HIstory : JUNE 12

So I googled June 12, and found a couple exciting things things that have happened on June 12.

1775American Revolution: British general Thomas Gage declares martial law in Massachusetts. The British offer a pardon to all colonists who lay down their arms. There would be only two exceptions to the amnesty: Samuel Adams and John Hancock, if captured, were to be hanged.
1864American Civil War Overland Campaign: Battle of Cold HarborUlysses S. Grant gives the Confederate forces under Robert E. Lee a victory when he pulls his Union troops from their positions at Cold Harbor, Virginia and moves south
1939 – The Baseball Hall of Fame opens in Cooperstown, New York
1942Holocaust: future essayist Anne Frank receives a diary for her thirteenth birthday
1987Cold War: U.S. President Ronald Reagan publicly challenges Mikhail Gorbachev to tear down the Berlin Wall at the Brandenburg Gate.
But the coolest thing by far will happen June 12, 2009. And I am not talking about analog full power television stations ending over the air broadcasting.
Friday June 12 I am going to be induced and we will get our baby boy. All three of us are very excited. I am really done being pregnant but am a little overwhelmed thinking of stuff I wanted to get finished. I suppose the truth is there would still be plenty to do if he wasn't coming until June 12, 2010. We still are undecided on a name but have a few prospects. I guess we will figure it out before we leave the hospital. No matter what I am pretty sure Porter will still call him Rebb. Everyday he talks to my belly and says I love you Rebb, are you awake, what are you doing in there. It is pretty cute.
Anyhow, mark us on your calendars and come pay us a visit. We will be happy to see any of you.

3 comments:

Burk said...

Imagine me saying this with a flashlight in my face like I'm in the Blair Witch Project... "I'm so scared right now."

That is truly how I feel. I am glad you are so strong.

Jennie Benton said...

Oh my, I remember feeling overwhelmed the night before we went to the hospital to have Gabrielle! The thought of having two children was scary, but it ended up not being as bad as I thought. You guys are going to love having two little guys at your house. We are so excited to meet your new little (name to be decided) man! And I bet that Porter will still call the baby Rebb even if you don't name him that! Aleksa still calls Gabrielle Cinderella. Infact, we were in St. George a couple of weeks ago and a lady on the elevator at our hotel turned to Aleksa and asked her her name and then asked her what her baby sister's name was and Aleksa replied, "Her name is Cinderella, but my mommy and daddy call her Gabrielle." I can't believe she still calls her that after a year and a half. I suppose that she will always will be Cinderella to Aleksa!

jamatukk said...

So excited for you. I will call you. Let me know how it all goes and what I can help do. Congrats. Brittney