Thursday, April 9, 2009

"the flower place"

Tonight driving home Porter said "mom when are we going to the flower place again? I had no clue what he was talking about. I said what flower place and he said right there and pointed out the window. I said the cemetery? He said yeah, So I asked him if wanted to go put some flowers on the graves and he said "I want to take flowers there because I am missing Sammy. " I didn't make the connection but it was so sad anyway. I told him I was sorry that he was missing Sammy, but that Sammy was probably missing him too and that Mothers day is in about a month and Sammy will get to call home that day and he can talk to him on the phone. He started to cry and said I just want him to come home tomorrow. It was heart wrenching. Two years to a three year old is like a lifetime. I guess at some point we have taken him to the cemetery and probably told him you take flowers there to put on graves of loved ones you have lost and are missing. This is the only thing I can figure.

1 comment:

Burk said...

You think two years is long for Porter, imagine how Jeff feels.