Monday, April 27, 2009

How many times do you have to cook it?

So tonight I was making Porter an elaborate dinner of frozen chicken strips with a brownie and I learned just how good of a cook I am.
I followed the instructions on the package and put the meal in the microwave, Porter asked if his dinner was ready yet and I said not quite. He asked if I had to put it in and cook it again. I said yes I had to turn over the nuggets and put it back in. Porter then informed me that daddy only has to cook it once because he is a good cook, but I am not a very good cook. I told him if he thought I wasn't a good enough cook maybe he better figure out how to cook it himself and he said no you are a good cook, just not a very good cook.
Out of the mouths of babes!! They only speak the truth I guess. But I do make a MEAN piece of toast. wait until he tastes that!! :)

2 comments:

Jake said...

That's funny. Reminds me of something that happened a few days ago. It was kids to work day, I was coming into work and Bobby was in the hall with his cute girls. I stopped to say hello, they didn't recognize me; so I took off my glasses and hat. When I saw they knew who I was, I said "see, still the same handsome devil you remember." Without missing a beat, his older daughter Katherine said "you're not handsome, you're not handsome at all Jake!" I laughed so hard I thought I was going to puke.

jamatukk said...

That is too cute. That porter makes me laugh. Elise oftenly is saying the prayer at dinner and prays that the food mom made won't be yucky. So I know how you feel. Love it Britt